Do It Yourself Gifts
Ideas to Help You Find the Perfect 50th Wedding Anniversary Gifts
50th Wedding Anniversary Gifts
Congratulations on your milestone 50th wedding anniversary! With the current divorce rate at 41-50% (in America), 50 years is an accomplishment to be proud of! Celebrate this golden anniversary with a gift as special as your fifty years together have been!
- Traditional Anniversary Gift: Gold
- Modern Anniversary Gift: Gold
- 20th Anniversary Flower: Violet
- 20th Anniversary Gemstone: Golden Jubilee. Alternate: Imperial or Golden Topaz
- 20th Anniversary Color: Gold
Decide whether the person you are buying for would appreciate a traditional or modern anniversary gift. Be creative and use a loose interpretation of the suggested gifts to find the perfect item for anyone.
Traditional & Modern Gift: Gold
- Gold jewelry--necklace, watch, earrings, bracelet, pin, pendant, locket, cuff links, tie tac
- Gold picture frame with your wedding picture in it...or get a frame that holds a couple photos and put pictures of your child(ren) on their wedding day(s), too.
- Home decor--vase, decorative bowl, wall hanging, candlesticks, figurine
- A poem in a gold frame
- Gold desk set
- Clock--desk or wall
- Wrap your gift in gold paper or a gold box (with a gold bow, of course!)
Consider giving violets (the 50th wedding anniversary flower) instead of, or in addition to, the above gift ideas. You can keep them indoors in a pot, or plant them outside in your flower gardens. Consult your local garden center to get more information on violets.
Additional 50th Wedding Anniversary Ideas:
American Citizens - Get a FREE letter from the President of the United States to congratulate you on your anniverary.
Treasured Moments in Time: If you’re looking for a special anniversary gift, a slideshow or a photo gift would be perfect.
Return from 50th Wedding Anniversary Gifts to ANNIVERSARY Page
Return from 50th Wedding Anniversary Gifts to HOME PAGE