Do It Yourself Gifts Guide To
Ideas to Help You Find the Perfect 6th Wedding Anniversary Gifts
6th Wedding Anniversary Gifts
Congratulations on six years of marriage...this year is going to be great! When choosing 6th wedding anniversary gifts, be creative and find a something that is as special as your relationship has been over the past six years.
- Traditional American Anniversary Gift: Iron
- Traditional British Gift: Sugar
- Modern Anniversary Gift: Wood
- 6th Anniversary Flower: Calla Lily
- 6th Anniversary Gemstones: Amethyst. Alternate: Turquoise
- 6th Anniversary Color: White
This is a fun year because you have so many choices with iron, sugar, or wood! Decide whether the person you are buying for would appreciate a traditional or modern anniversary gift. Be creative and use a loose interpretation of the suggested gifts to find the perfect item for anyone.
Traditional (American): Iron
- Wrought iron home decor--candle holders, mirror, clock, picture frame, trivets, decorative bowl, book ends, fireplace screen, fireplace tools, boot brush
- Golf clubs
- Outdoor--lawn ornament, fountain, table set, thermometer, bird bath, bird feeder
- Cast iron cookware or bakeware
- Iron camping cooking tools
- Weights or workout equipment
- Clothes Iron (loose interpretation!)
Traditional (British): Sugar
Buy them their favorite sweets...candy, chocolates, chocolate covered strawberries, peanut brittle, cookies, cake, brownies...whatever their sweet tooth loves!
- Jewelry or keepsake box
- Wood picture frame with a wedding photo in it
- Golf clubs
- Carvings--indoor or outdoor
- Outdoor items--table set, lawn furniture, birdhouse
- Furniture--chair, table, dining set...whatever you still need for your home. Go shopping together to pick out something you'll both love!
Consider giving Calla Lillies (the 6th anniversary flower) instead of, or in addition to, the above mentioned gift ideas. Attach a pack of bulbs
to the top of your present, buy potted or fresh
cut flowers, or surprise your spouse by planting them in one of your garden beds. Useful Tip: Calla Lillies should be planted in frost free areas...so, if you live in a colder climate, you will have to dig
the bulbs up in the fall.
Still can't decide what to give for your anniversary? Stick with a traditional favorite--jewelry! The gemstones associated with the 6th year are Amethyst (Alternate: Turquoise). You can find these gems in necklaces, earrings, rings, bracelets, pins, tie tacs, and cuff links.
Return from 6th Wedding Anniversary Gifts to ANNIVERSARY Page
Return from 6th Wedding Anniversary Gifts to HOME PAGE