Do It Yourself Gifts Guide To
Bridesmaid Gift Ideas
Finding unique and creative bridesmaid gift ideas is simple if you give it some thought. They are the closest friends you have in life, and now they are going to stand by your side as bridesmaids in your wedding...show them how much this means to you!
Tradition says that you should thank each bridesmaid participating in your wedding with a special bridesmaid gift. Don't waste your money on gifts with no meaning...give them something that they'll cherish and remember for years to come!
Remember, a bridesmaid gift doesn't have to come in a neat little package...it can be an event you attend together one-on-one, or something like a day at the spa as a group.
Here are some of my favorite bridesmaid gift ideas:
- Necklace, earrings, or a bracelet (or all three if you have some money to spend...or make them on your own if you're gifted in jewelry making) to wear the day of the wedding.
- Framed photo of the two of you together (with or without engraving).
- Tickets to an event that you can attend together after you get back from your honeymoon (a concert, theme park, etc.). You can go to several one-on-one events, or buy tickets for the whole group to go to something together.
- Make a scrapbook with photos of the two of you together. Include a note about how thankful you are for her friendship, and write about different memories on the pages.
- Monogram something with her name or initials (a toiletry bag, jewelry bag, handbag, towels, slippers, cosmetic or travel bag, laptop bag, umbrella, yoga bag, or a plush robe).
- Christmas ornament with a picture of the two of you together (could be engraved with a saying that means something to your friendship).
- Personalized jewelry or keepsake box
- Nice wine opener and bottle of wine
Try not to overspend...you know your budget, and your bridesmaids understand how expensive weddings are. They don't expect anything extravagent. If you've put some thought into the present, and it come from your heart, it will be perfect no matter what the cost!
In Emily Post's Weddings book by author Peggy Post, 3rd Edition (New York, HarperCollins Publishers, Inc., 1999), gift giving etiquette for bridesmaids is as follows:
"The bride's gifts to her bridesmaids may be given at a bridesmaids' luncheon shortly before the wedding, at the rehearsal dinner, or just after the rehearsal when no dinner is planned. A piece of jewlery that can be worn to the wedding, such as earrings or a necklace, is a perfect gift. The bride's gift to her maid or matron of honor may be the same gift she gives to her bridesmaids or a more elaborate one. If you plan to give an engraved gift, such as a silver picture frame, have the wedding date and your initials engraved to commemorate the occasion."
Return from Bridesmaid Gift Ideas to WEDDING Page
Return from Bridesmaid Gift Ideas to HOME PAGE