Cheap Wedding Favors:
Personalized Candy Rolls
I came up with this cheap wedding favors idea when helping a friend plan her wedding on a tight budget. I thought "how can I make affordable wedding favors with items I have around my house?"
Items You'll Need:
- Empty paper towel or toilet paper tubes
- Clear treat bags
- Candy of your choice
- Scrapbook paper
- Photos (on plain printer paper)
- Double-sided tape or glue stick
Directions to Make Affordable Wedding Favors:1.
Cut empty paper towel or toilet paper tubes to desired length.
2. Make a template (using paper or lightweight cardboard) that will wrap around your empty tube and cover it completely. Using the template, cut printed scrapbook paper to fit around the tube.
3. Attach the piece of scrapbook paper to your empty tube using double-sided tape or a glue stick. I used double-sided tape because it goes so much faster, and sticks just as well.
4. Print a photo of the happy couple using plain printing paper. I printed several small photos onto one page. Make sure the photo will fit onto your tube. Attach the photo to your tube using double-sided tape, covering the seam from your scrapbook paper.
5. Fill clear treat bags with candy. I used candy hearts, but whatever type of candy you want to use will work. Think about what time of year the wedding is. Is it a Fall wedding? Use candy corn. Spring wedding? Jelly beans look great. You can even buy personalized M&Ms to put in the bags, but they are a bit expensive.
Test the amount of candy in the bag to make sure it will fit into your tube.
6. Tie one end of the treat bag with a ribbon. The amount of bag beyond the ribbon will stick out of one end of the tube. Decide how much you want to show.
7. Flip the bag over (so that candy rests upon the ribbon you just tied). Tie the bag on the other side of the candy, and trim the closed end off.
8. You should now have a "candy roll" with a ribbon on each end. Put it through the center of the tube, making sure the ribbons show on each end.
9. You're finished with your cheap wedding favors! Aren't they cute?
Want to add more personalization? Print a message to stick on the back of your tube as shown below.
Here is another variation of the same favors...
Instead of tying both ends of the treat bag, drop your candy in the bag and just make a tie at the top. Cut the excess clear bag and put it into a tube you have decorated to stand up.
Return from Cheap Wedding Favors to WEDDING FAVORS PAGE
Return from Cheap Wedding Favors to HOME PAGE