How to Make Chocolate
Chocolate covered strawberries are a great Valentine's Day gift! They're perfect for men or women, and can be made in just minutes.
For years I paid a fortune for fresh strawberries dipped in chocolate for my hubby, and after I made them one year, I couldn't believe how easy (and quick) they were to make!
Using a few simple ingredients, you too can make chocolate covered strawberries that your Valentine will love. Just follow the directions below, and you're on your way!
Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe:
- 15-20 strawberries
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips or chunks
- Crushed nuts or sprinkles (optional)
Items You'll Need to Make Chocolate Strawberries:
- Microwavable bowl
- Parchment or waxed paper
- Cookie sheet or plate
To Make Chocolate Coated Strawberries:
1. Select large firm strawberries for your chocolate strawberry recipe. Wash your strawberries and let them dry, being careful not to remove the stems.
2. Place your chocolate chips or chunks into the microwavable bowl. Microwave, according to package instructions, until the chocolate is smooth. Most chocolates say to melt 1 cup (6 oz) uncovered on Medium-high (70% power) for one minute. Stir, and microwave at the same power for 15 second intervals until it is smooth. When melting chocolate for strawberries, be careful not to cook it too long because it will burn.
3. Line a plate or cookie sheet (depending on how many you're making) with parchment or wax paper. Dip each strawberry into the melted chocolate, and place it on the parchment or wax paper to harden.
4. Optional Step - If you want to cover your strawberries with decorations, now is the time to do it! Roll your berries in nuts, sprinkles, mini chips, etc. while your chocolate is still soft.
5. Place the tray/plate of strawberries into the refrigerator to harden. When they're done, put them into a decorative box and keep them cool until you give them to that special valentine!
White Chocolate Coated Strawberries
To give your strawberries in chocolate a different look and taste, use a spoon to drizzle melted white chocolate chips over your hardened chocolate strawberries. For yet another combination, make the white chocolate the main color on the strawberry, and drizzle dark chocolate over the berries.
Godiva Chocolate Covered Strawberries
To make your strawberries with chocolate even more special, try coating them with Godiva chocolate. You can melt Godiva candybars, and dip your strawberries as described above.
How to Make Chocolate Tuxedo Strawberries
Tuxedo chocolate strawberries are so cute, and are often used as wedding favors or at other formal events.
You can make these by dipping strawberries in melted white chocolate to make the "shirt", and let them harden. Once they're hard, add the chocolate "jacket" by dipping the strawberry in on one side, then the other side, to create a "v" in the front. After the chocolate layer is hard, add the melted chocolate buttons and bow tie.
Return from Chocolate Covered Strawberries to VALENTINES DAY Page
Return to Do It Yourself Gifts HOME PAGE