First Anniversary Gift Ideas
Ideas to Help You Find the Perfect First Anniversary Gift Ideas
Congratulations...you made it through the first transitional year of marriage! The past year has been so much fun getting used to the idea of being "husband and wife." For your 1st wedding anniversary, find a gift that is as special as this year has been for you.
1 Year Anniversary Gifts
- Traditional Anniversary Gift: Paper
- Modern Anniversary Gift: Clocks
- 1st Anniversary Flower: Pansies
- 1st Anniversary Gemstones: Fresh Water Pearl. Alternate: Peridot
- 1st Anniversary Color: Yellow
Decide whether the person you are buying for would appreciate a traditional or modern anniversary gift. Be creative and use a loose interpretation of the suggested gifts to find the perfect item for anyone.
First Anniversary IdeasTraditional: Paper
- A poem written on pretty paper
- A journal
- A scrapbook with photos from when you were dating, your wedding, and over the first year of marriage
- Tickets-to the movies, a play, sporting event, concert, etc.
- A Book
- Gift certificate
- Wall Clock
- Alarm Clock
- Desk Clock
- Kitchen Timer
- Grandfather Clock
If you don't want to use the traditonal paper or modern clock gift themes, consider giving pansies (the 1st anniversary flower). Attach a packet of seeds to the top of your gift, buy them at a garden center, or better yet, present your spouse with a pot full of pansies that you grew yourself!
Alternative First Year Anniversary Gifts
If you're still unsure of what to buy, stick with the old standby...jewelry! The gemstone associated with the second anniversary is the fresh water pearl. You can find this gem in necklaces, bracelets, earrings, pins, rings, cufflinks, and tie tacs.
Return from First Anniversary Gift Ideas to ANNIVERSARY Page
Return to Do-It-Yourself-Gifts HOME PAGE