Good Graduation Gift Idea:
Money in a Frame
Think back to when you graduated, and what you considered a good graduation gift. If you were like most graduates, you appreciated the gifts, but what you really wanted was M-O-N-E-Y! Cash to use for college, or to buy something that you really wanted.
I love this idea because it's simple to make, and can be given as a middle school graduation gift, a high school graduation gift, or a college graduation gift.
It's more unique than just sticking money in a card, and unlike cards, the frame can be used after the money is taken out.
Items You'll Need:
- Money (bills)
- Picture Frame
1. Select a frame to use. You can use several frames and put a little money in each, or just stick to one. If you're feeling crafty, you can buy a plain frame and use paint or other accessories to jazz it up.
2. Fold money to fit in the frame, leaving the head on the bill showing:
If you want to put several bills in one frame, you can arrange them flat like this:
Or make a design using the bills in a larger frame:
3. Wrap your frame and attach a gift tag. Some cute sayings for the tag are:
- To a picture perfect graduate
- You are a picture of success
- Place a photo behind the money. It will be a special surprise for them when they take the money out.
- Use gift cards instead of cash.
- Don't just use this idea for graduation! Also makes a great wedding shower gift, wedding gift, birthday gift, baby shower gift, or any other occasion when you may gift money.
Return from Good Graduation Gift to GRADUATION PAGE
Return to Do It Yourself Gifts HOME PAGE