Halloween Recipes in a Jar
Looking for a unique Halloween gift to give family and friends? Halloween recipes in a jar are a perfect Halloween gift solution! Try this Halloween gift project below, and see how simple and fun putting together fabulous homemade Halloween treats can be!
Try any combination of ingredients to whip up one of these jars filled with yummy treats. Sweet and salty go hand in hand, so putting them together makes for a great mixture.
Not only is taste a factor when creating gift jar recipes....you also need to pay close attention to your color scheme. Too many colors in one jar doesn't look as nice as a few coordinating colors do.
How to Make a Halloween Treats Jar:(Pictured Above)
Items You'll Need:
1. Mix gum drops, candy corn, and salted peanuts together in your mixing bowl. Pour them into the mason jar until it's full to the top.
2. Separate the two pieces of the lid of the mason jar (the round top piece and the side piece with threads). Find a circle to use as a pattern that is about three times the size of the round top piece (a large can of food or a lid to Tupperware works well). Trace around the circle on the back side of your fabric.
3. Cut the circle out of your fabric. You can use pinking shears to give the edge a different look.
4. Put the mason jar top on the jar, leaving the screw on piece off for the moment.
5. Place a few cotton balls on the top of the lid to give it a "plump" look when finished. This step is OPTIONAL...you may or may not like the look of a padded top.
6. Put your fabric over the cotton balls, making sure that the lid underneath is completely centered.
7. Now it's time to add the rim portion of the lid. Carefully place it over the fabric and gently screw it on as you normally would. This will keep the fabric in place.
8. Tie a ribbon or piece of rafia around the edge to hide it, and place a gift tag on the jar.
You're finished! Wasn't that easy? Now go out and share your new Halloween gifts...they are perfect for adults or families.
Also try mixing some of the following ingredients together to create different Halloween recipes in a jar: