These easy to make christmas ornaments are all made using a child's handprint or hand outline. I love to get hand made christmas ornaments like these, and I'm certain that they will mean so much to the person he or she gives them to.
These are simple ornaments to make, and they turn out really cute! You'll need to help your little one hot glue the pieces on, but they can be glued on with regular craft glue if you'd like.
1. Trace your child's hand on the brown felt or foam. If you use brown felt, try to find the stiffer kind (sold at craft stores). If you cannot see the pencil tracing, use marker or a light colored crayon. Cut the hand out.
2. Turn the hand upside down so that the thumb now becomes the reindeer head, and the other four fingers are now the legs. Punch a hole near the top of the "back" of the reindeer (where the wrist would be on the child).
3. Slide the piece of ribbon through the hole, and attach a gift tag to the ribbon before tying it on. On my gift tags I write: Happy Holidays from your "Deer", and have them sign it underneath. Make sure to include the year on the tag.
4. Using the photo as a guide, glue the red pom to create a nose, and the white pom pom to make the tail. Glue on the eye. Bend one half of the pipe cleaner to create the antlers and glue them on. Slide the bell over the other pipe cleaner, and bend it around the "neck" to make a collar. Glue the pipe cleaner across the back.
You're done! Enjoy this cute reindeer.
Items You'll Need to Make Christmas Ornaments:
- Gold Ribbon
1. Paint your child's hand with the paint, and have them put one blue handprint in the center of the paper. Wash his or her hands and have them add a yellow handprint on each side of the blue handprint to form the wings (see photo).
2. Paint a flesh colored circle above the center handprint. After this circle is dry, paint or use a black marker to draw a face.
3. Using the thin gold ribbon (wire ribbon works best) create a halo for the angel and glue it over her head.
4. Write or glue this saying on the back:HANDPRINTS
I know you wipe some away,
But these handprints
Were made to stay.
So keep them forever,
A treasure they'll be.
A special "I Love You,"
For you from me.
My son made me this ornament, and it brought a tear to my eye! The person he or she makes this for is sure to love it!
Items You'll Need to Make Your Own Ornament:
- Craft Foam
- Pencil or marker
- Snowflake shapes
- Child's photo
Directions to Make Christmas Ornaments:
1. Trace your child's hand onto the craft foam and cut it out.
2. Glue the snowflake shapes onto the fingertips. You should be able to find foam snowflake shapes at your local craft stores, but if not, you can always cut shapes out of a heavy card stock paper.
3. Glue your child's photo onto the center of the hand.
4. Glue the hanging ribbon to the back of the middle finger.
5. Attach this saying to the bottom of the hand on a piece of craft foam or paper:My hand is like a snowflake
Unique in every way
Please keep it close to your heart
I'll be grown someday
Return from Make Christmas Ornaments to CHRISTMAS Page
Return from Make Christmas Ornaments to HOME PAGE