Mothers Day Quotes
Mothers Day quotes are a great way to say what you're really feeling in a poetic way. If you're having trouble coming up with sayings of your own, use these Mothers Day quotes to make a homemade Mothers Day gift or write them in a card.
Best Mothers Day Quotes
- If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden.
- Attributed to Claudia Ghandi
- In the sheltered simplicity of the first days after a baby is born, one sees again the magical closed circle, the miraculous sense of two people existing only for each other.
- Anne Morrow Lindbergh
- It was my mother who gave me my voice. She did this, I know now, by clearing a space where my words could fall, grow, then find their way to others.
- Paula Giddings
- A man loves his sweetheart the most; his wife the best; and his mother the longest.
- Irish Proverb
- Every mother is like Moses. She does not enter the promise land. She prepares a world she will not see.
Pope Paul VI
- Where we love is home - home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
- This heart, my own dear mother, bends,
With love's true instinct, back to thee!
- Thomas Moore
- Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.
- Lin Yutang
- God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers.
- Jewish Proverb
- The real religion of the world comes from women much more than from men - from mothers most of all, who carry the key to our souls in their bosoms.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes
- To a child's ear, "mother" is magic in any language.
- Arlene Benedict
- A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.
- Irish Proverb
- A man's work is from sun to sun, but a mother's work is never done.
- Author Unknown
- Mother - that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries.
- T. DeWitt Talmage
- Mothers love is fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.
- Marion C. Garretty
- When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.
- Sophia Loren
- A mother understands what a child does not say.- Jewish proverb
- The sweetest sounds to mortals given
Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven.- William Goldsmith Brown
- The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
- Motherhood is priced
Oh God, at price no man may dare
To lessen or misunderstand.
- Helen Hunt Jackson
- A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person who makes leaning unnecessary.
- Dorothy Canfield Fisher
- Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.- Oprah Winfrey
- Now that...my kids are grown, I understand how much work and love it takes to raise and to keep a family together. The example of your strength, devotion, and patience is now rippling through the generations. Thank you!
- Forest Houtenschil
- My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune.
- Graycie Harmon
- Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside of your body.
- Elizabeth Stone
- It kills you to see them grow up. But I guess it would kill you quicker if they didn't.
- Who fed me from her gentle breast
And hushed me in her arms to rest,
And on my cheek sweet kisses prest?
- Anne Taylor
- Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.
Charles R. Swindoll
- There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it.
- Chinese Proverb
- Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of little children.
William Makepeace Thackeray
Return from Mothers Day Quotes to MOTHERS DAY Page
Return from Mothers Day Quotes to HOME PAGE