Reindeer Dum Dums
by Spangler Candy
(Bryan, Ohio, USA)
You know all their names and the most famous one of all – now, play reindeer games with Rudolph and his friends with these Reindeer Dum Dums! This craft uses Holiday Dum Dums and is fun to make with the kids for the holidays.
What You’ll Need
• Holiday Dum Dums
• brown tissue paper cut into 3”x3” squares
• saran wrap cut into 3”x3” squares
• dark brown pipe cleaners
• small jingle bells
• red ribbon cut into 4” sections
• tacky glue
• small red pom poms
• small wiggly eyes
1. Wrap Holiday Dum Dum with tissue paper squares.
2. Cover tissue paper with saran wrap squares.
3. Bend the pipe cleaner for the reindeer’s antlers. Bend each end down 1 ½ in. At ½ in, bend it again off to one side. Finally, bend the end back across itself to cross the center to form a cross.
4. Wrap the pipe cleaner around the Dum Dum stick to secure the tissue paper and saran wrap.
5. String a small jingle bell onto a red ribbon. Tie each ribbon into a bow around each stick to secure the pipe cleaner into place. The bell should hang down in the center of the Dum Dum.
6. Use tacky glue to add the small wiggly eyes and small red pom poms onto the saran wrap of the Dum Dum.