Valentines Day Treats:
Rice Krispies with Chocolate
These chocolate coated Rice Krispies make cute Valentine's Day favors for parties or classrooms. They're simple and inexpensive to make...perfect for little hands to help you with!
Rice Krispy Treats Recipe
- 3 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (10 ounce) package of marshmallows
- 6 Cups Rice Krispy Cereal
- 1 package semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Red or pink food coloring (optional)
Additional items You'll Need to Make Rice Krispy Treats:
- Popsicle sticks
- Parchment or wax paper
- Cookie Sheet
- Mixing Bowl
- Cake or brownie pan
Directions to Make Rice Krispies Treats:
1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in food coloring (optional).
2. Add Rice Krispies cereal. Mix until well coated.
3. Spread mixture evenly into square or rectangular cake or brownie pan coated with cooking spray. Let stand until firm.
4. After set, cut the rice krispies into rectangles and remove them from the pan. Place them on a parchment (or wax paper) lined cookie sheet. Insert a popsicle stick into each treat.
5. Melt chocolate in a saucepan on low heat. Stir often until smooth. Remember not to melt it too fast--chocolate will burn!
6. Holding the popsicle stick, dip each treat into the melted chocolate, and return it to the parchment-lined cookie sheet. Add sprinkles before the chocolate hardens. Place cookie sheet in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
7. Place a clear treat bag over each rice krispy treat, and secure at the bottom with a ribbon.
Return from Rice Krispies to VALENTINES DAY PAGE
Return from Rice Krispies to HOME PAGE