Thanksgiving Place Cards:
Pine Cone Turkeys
Don't use the same boring thanksgiving place cards that you use every year...make unique ones instead! These turkeys are so easy to create, and your guests will love them.
Items You'll Need:
- Pine cones
- Scrapbook paper
- Face photo of each guest
- Yellow (or orange) pipe cleaners
- Hot glue gun or craft glue
- Large brown pom-pom
- "Happy Thanksgiving..." printed signs (see below)
To Make Thanksgiving Card Holder Turkeys:
1. Cut scrap book paper into feather shapes. Create tall tail feathers, and two side wings. The color choices and amounts are up to you. I selected warm fall colors for this example.
2. Arrange and glue the "feathers" onto the back end and sides of the turkey.
3. Cut a pipe cleaner in half, and create the turkey legs by wrapping each half around a pencil. Glue each leg onto the bottom side of the pine cone. Be sure to balance them so that the pine cone will not tilt side to side when finished.
4. Glue the large brown pom-pom to the front of the turkey to create its head (the face will be attached to this in step 5).
5. Cut out small face photo of each guest. Using black scrapbook paper, cut out a black Pilgrim hat and glue it to their head. Glue the entire head onto the front of the pine cone to create the turkey's face.
6. Attach homemade (or store-bought) place card onto the top of the turkey. In this example, I made my own using my home computer.
Here is what it will look like from the side:
Want another Thanksgiving place card holder idea?
Return from Thanksgiving Place Cards to Thanksgiving Favors Page
Return to DIY GIFTS HOME PAGE