Unique Birthday Party Favor:
This is such a unique birthday party favor for young girls! What little girl doesn't love to have a lot of ponytail holders? Moms love them, too, because they're practical birthday party favors. No little plastic pieces that you'll throw away in this loot bag!
Items You'll Need:
- Hair bands (in color of your choice)
- Lollipop sticks
- Styrofoam craft balls
- Clear treat bags
- Hot glue gun
1. Push a lollipop stick into the center of your Styrofoam craft ball, about half way through the ball. Take the stick back out and use a hot glue gun (or regular craft glue if you have the time to let it dry) and drop a little glue into the hole before replacing the stick.
2. Stretch your hair bands over the styrofoam ball in a random pattern. Continue placing the bands on until you can no longer see the ball in the middle.
3. When your "lollipop" is complete, place a small clear treat bag over the top, and secure with a ribbon (or another hair band).
You can choose to use multicolor bands or make them all one color (as I've done with the pink one below).
- Place several "lollipops" into one treat bag to make a lollipop bouquet. Use a single color for each pop.
- Put a large clay pot with a large styrofoam ball in it to arrange a lollipop bouquet for the table. Let the girls choose one (or more) as they leave the party.
- Use one of these as a "bow" for the top of a gift.
Return from Unique Birthday Party Favor to BIRTHDAY FAVORS Page
Return to Do It Yourself Gifts HOME PAGE