Valentine Cupcakes with Filling
These valentine cupcakes are so cute, and super simple to make! They are one of those fun cupcake ideas that both children and adults love.
Wrap them in a festive container, and they're the perfect cupcakes to give as a Valentine's Day gift! They are also great cupcakes for kids school and birthday parties.
Chocolate Cupcake Recipe:
Yields 24 Cupcakes
This is the best cupcake recipe that I've found! Your valentine cupcake will come out moist and perfect using this easy cupcake recipe. Don't want to make chocolate cupcakes from scratch? Substitute this step with a boxed chocolate cupcake mix.
Directions to Make Valentines Cupcakes:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a muffin pan with paper or foil cupcake liners.
2. Melt the butter and chocolate in a double boiler (over barely simmering water, constantly stirring to avoid burning) or in the microwave (1 minute intervals at 50% power, stirring between minutes). Remove from heat and let it cool.
3. In a larg bowl, combine the sugar and eggs using a mixer. Stir the cooled chocolate into the egg mixture. Add the instant coffee and vanilla extract. Sift in the self-rising flour and stir until well combined.
4. Fill each cupcake wrapper 2/3 full. Bake in the preheated over about 15-18 minutes. When they're finished, they should spring back after you press on them, and a fork inserted into the middle of the cupcakes should come out clean. Let the cupcakes cool.
5. Using a small heart-shaped cookie cutter, press a heart shape into the center of each cupcake.
Use a butter knife to remove the heart from the center, leaving a heart-shaped hole that we'll fill with cupcake filling during the next step.
Recipe for Cupcake Filling:
Who doesn't love yummy filled cupcakes? Use this cupcake icing recipe to create cream filled cupcakes that are amazing!
To Make Valentine Cupcake Filling:
In a large bowl, beat the butter and shortening together until smooth. Blend in confectioners' sugar and pinch of salt. Gradually beat in 3 tablespoons of milk, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, and pink food coloring (one drop at a time until desired color). Beat until light and fluffy.
To Assemble Valentines Day Cupcakes:
1. Fill a pastry bag with the pink cupcake filling.
2. Snip the corner of the pastry bag, and fill each heart "hole" with pink icing.
3. Top each cupcake with a candy heart, red hot, sprinkles, or other decorations (optional).
4. Place your cute cupcakes into a container and top with a bow. You're finished! Aren't they great?